The Roseau County Museum is holding a photo contest in conjunction with the We Are Water MN exhibit on display now through October 9, 2023. The contest runs from September 12 through October 5.
The Roseau County Museum will print all submitted photos that will be placed on display for people to vote on October 6 & 7. The top twelve photos submitted will be featured in our upcoming 2024 calendar. The twelve winners will receive a free calendar and $10 off museum gift shop merchandise.
All photos must be original work taken by the entrants. No third party may own or control any materials the photo contains, and the photo must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral rights, intellectual rights, or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- Photos must show water of some type.
- Photos must be taken within 100 miles of Roseau, basically, from the ND border, Bemidji to I’Falls.
- Photo submissions must be able to be printed clearly on 8×10 paper. The museum will print the photos. Suggested 300 dpi or 7.2 megapixels, the minimum size is 180 dpi, which is a resolution of 1440 x 1800 pixels.
- Photos must be submitted on the form below or by email: email@example.com. Photos posted to social media sites will not be accepted as the reprinted photo quality would be insufficient.
- Photos must be in their original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Entries will be judged by the visitors to the museum on October 6 & 7, 2023. All decisions are final. The Roseau County Museum reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to stated contest rules.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that the Roseau County Museum may use photos submitted for advertising purposes and print. All photos become the property of the Roseau County Museum, with credit given to the photographer.
- Submission is open to those who live in Roseau County.
- Limit 3 photos per submission.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Violators will be removed from the contest.
- The winners will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after three business days, a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
We are Water MN is led by the Minnesota Humanities Center in partnership with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and multiple statewide agencies (see mnhum.org/program/we-are-water-mn/ for a full list) and is funded in part with money from the State of Minnesota’s Clean Water, Land, & Legacy Fund.”